Sunday, July 3, 2016

Play with me!

Today Charlotte requested some one-on-one play time.  I'm so glad I got her the special feather-boa-on-a-string toy.  I keep it in a drawer in the bedroom.  Marley has never even known it exits.  It is hers and hers alone.  (He's appropriated every toy he came across and made it his.) 

I was in the kitchen doing a few things and she kept rubbing on me and meowing.  I gave her a few crunchies.  That didn't really satisfy her.  When I asked her if she wanted to play and headed for the bedroom she was on my heels.  We play with the feather boa on the bed.  Marley can't even dream of getting up there yet (the mattress-top is waist high for me), so it's the one place we can play without him getting her toy.  And we try to do it when Marley is napping so he won't even try to join in.

About 10-15 minutes and she was happy.  She chased the feathers.  She captured the feathers.  She rubbed the feathers on her face.  She purred like a motorboat.  The bed looked like a stripper had had an outstanding performance - hot pink feathers all over. 

I managed to trim most of her nails in between hunting the pink feathers.  I had left them long for the initial period with Marley in case she needed to seriously defend herself.  Now we need to trim his.

Right now, both of them are sleeping in the dining room.  Marley on the cool floor, Charlotte on the topmost section of her kitty tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment