Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pleasant surprise gift

Last night we were out late at a club meeting, so we got to bed later than usual.  Our considerate gift from Charlotte was an hour delay in the foot-pouncing wake-up call.  So, is she waking us up or is she reacting to our first stirrings  - before we even realize we're waking?  Either way, it works for us.

As I write this, we've gotten past the morning frantic play period and a small quiet spell.  Tom is out blowing snow from the driveway, I've started the first stage of a sourdough pizza dough, and Charlotte is on my chest.  We spend some time like this, me on computer, Charlotte on my chest (never my lap unless I'm deviling her with the laser toy) a couple of times (or more) each day.  Sometimes she spends an hour or more, other times she spends a few minutes, then moves to the table built into the middle of our double recliner/couch or to the top of the seatbacks.  Right now, with Tom's seat vacant, she's gone there.


No comments:

Post a Comment