Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Sit - update

I recently reported that Charlotte has learned "sit".  It didn't take her long at all to learn it.  Yesterday she took it a step further.  She loves her "crunchies".  That word is enough to help bring her in from the garage.  Yesterday, as I was getting ready to tell her to sit for her crunchies ... she sat on her own.  She has connected the dozen or so crunchies (Temptations Treats) in the flat of my fingers with "sit" to the point that she just sat to receive them.

Having mastered sit, we're ready to move on to the next behavior.  I think it will be "stretch" or something similar.  She already stands and stretches at door frames, and especially at the garage door when she wants out - I just need to decide what to call it . . .

Then I think we'll need to try "shake" and "high 5". 

The big challenge is going to be getting her used to a harness, then the leash, so we can take her for walks outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment