Tuesday, January 12, 2016

New Wake-Up Stategy

It is amazing to watch Charlotte's plotting mind work. 

One evening she kept going into an area she knows we don't want her in order to maneuver me into pulling out the laser pointer.  Every time I pull it out she looks at it, then looks at the floor, waiting for the red dot.  Once I realized what she was doing, I put it away.  It's not that I mind her training us as we train her, but there must be limits to what we let her maneuver us into doing.

This morning her "get up" attempts took on a new technique.  Instead of pouncing on our feet, bottoms & pillows, she kept crawling under the covers with me.  Normally, she'll crawl under the covers in the "wee wee hours" of the morning after I come back from a bathroom break.  She might stay the rest of the night or go back to sleeping by/between Tom's legs. This morning she came and went almost a half dozen times.  I finally got up.  We'll see if she does it again tomorrow morning.

She definitely loves her "jingle mouse".  Again last night I had to take it away from her and stick it in a drawer so we could go to sleep.  This morning I got it back out for her when she was trying to pull the second one off the cat tree.  She loves it when I toss it to the other end of the room.  Every now & then she brings it and drops it almost at my feet.  Perhaps some day we'll be playing fetch.

No comments:

Post a Comment