Thursday, October 20, 2016

He wanted me to let her out

This morning we had a 3am potty run.  Marley needed to pee, so did I.  No big deal.  Well, it's getting to be a bigger deal than before because most nights now he sleeps (or rests) all the way until nearly 7am.  But this time, right after we came back in, before I could even get myself snuggled fully back into the covers, he started whimpering.

This was the same whimper & whine as when he needs to go out.  At first I thought he was just jealous of Charlotte being able to eat in the bedroom (on top of the dresser).  But, he continued and he got more insistent.  So, back up, put the robe back on, put the Crocs back on, get the flashlight, get the leash, and out we go.  Well, he doesn't need to pee.  He doesn't need to poop.  We stroll out, then right back into the house.  But, Charlotte is now outside and happy and Marley is ready to go back to bed.

Later this morning I saw not only was Charlotte on the guest bed (she seems to be claiming it for her own) but Marley was up there with her, one leg over her and nobody was making a fuss.  Does it mean they're going to begin to snuggle & sleep together at some point?  Maybe.  He looked like he was ready to be yelled at for being on the bed (as I've done before) or for harassing the cat (as I've done before).  Since they weren't actively fighting or wrestling or playing hard I decided to let it slide.  Was it a mistake?

No comments:

Post a Comment