Sunday, October 9, 2016

Another new game

Tonight Marley was offering an empty soup can for the Trade game.  I wanted a few more seconds before trades so I put a handful of kibble in the can and gave it back to him.  After he managed to get & eat all the kibble he walked away, then came back to me.  I told him to bring the can.  When he got to it I told him "yes" and he brought it back over.  I put in another handful of kibble.  Again he took it to the living room (from the dining room) to figure out how to get the kibble.

Since it involves food, and is interactive, we have another new game to play.  I guess we'll call this one "Empty the Can".  Each time I put in more kibble he looks inside before he takes it away to work it out.  He wants to be sure I paid him.

I keep putting off a really important lesson with him - walking nicely on the leash instead of acting like a sled dog every time.  Gotta get on that.

In the meantime, making up new games to keep him thinking are fun.

(The Trade game has shown me he can generalize - he will trade off items to trade.  This morning I think we used at least 4, maybe as many as 6 different items for trading.)

No comments:

Post a Comment