Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bye Bye Dandelions

A week or two ago, on Facebook I saw a recipe for "weed be gone".  After a while I looked it up for additional information, then tried it.

The recipe was:
1 gallon vinegar
2 cups Epsom salts
1/4 cup Dawn (original blue formula)

I worked out a 2-cup reduced size recipe for use in a regular hand spray bottle (like window cleaner, etc.)
2 cups vinegar
1/4 cup Epsom salts
1/2 teaspoon Dawn

I went out yesterday morning while the sun was out for a change.  I squirted all the dandelions I could with what I'd mixed.  Within 2-3 hours it started to rain & snow again.  So, I figured it wouldn't have a chance to do much of anything.  This morning, Tom told me it had worked.

This afternoon I got a gallon of vinegar and mixed up a bigger batch for the garden sprayer (1-gallon capacity).  I had just finished mixing it, stepped out on the deck to pump it up and the rain & hail started again.  Once it let up I sprayed every dandelion I could, until I ran out.  I'm hoping the next squall will hold off long enough for the stuff to work.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Here are a couple of the ones I sprayed yesterday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment