Friday, April 29, 2016

The Mighty Hunter

Charlotte has become a hunter.  At least to some degree.  She's been going out in the garage at least once a day for many weeks.  It's one of the first things she wants to do in the mornings. 

Then, yesterday, we heard her diving into a pile of stuff out there.  I opened the door to see what was up.  I saw her actively hunting in & out of the pile.  I closed the door.

Later, I went out to get something from the car and she was actively tracking something near the front corner of the garage.  As I got my item from the car and was backing out of it, I saw a big fat vole zip across the from the wall side to under the car.  I went back in the house.

Later that night I heard her meow at the door.  She didn't have the vole or any other critter in her mouth or in sight.  We don't know if she chased it away, killed it and left it somewhere, or killed it and ate it.

Since then she's not been as focused out there and she's wanted back in the house quicker.  So whether she scared it away or killed it, it would see there's nothing out there to hunt, at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment